Table of Contents
The Youth Enterprise With Innovation in Nigeria (YouWiN) is an initiative that is designed to provide the Nigerian youths with entrepreneurship education.
It is an avenue to get technical and consulting services. It was first created in the administration of the Goodluck Ebele Jonathan and the current regime of President Muhammadu Buhari has opened the portal for participants to apply.
YouWin was launched through the office of the Nigerian Ministry of Finance and it was created to support young Nigerian entrepreneurs to plan, start and grow their business ventures.
The objective of the YouWin Connect program is to provide viable career options and promote the spirit of entrepreneurship in the Nigerian youths. Also, the program has been successful in terms of creating job opportunities and maximizing wealth creation in the country.
This post will guide you on how to register and submit your application on the YouWin connect login portal.
YouWiN Connect Application Requirements
If you are interested in registering for the YouWin program, it is important for you to take note of the following requirements;
- You must be a Nigerian citizen.
- You must be between the ages of 18 – 45.
- You must be a Nigerian resident.
- Your business must be located and based in Nigeria.
- You must have a business idea that will work in Nigeria and also employ Nigerians.
- You must be able to communicate fluently in the English Language; in speaking and in writing.
- You must attend all YouWin workshops, training, meetings and mentoring exercises.
- Previous YouWin awardees are ineligible to apply.
- You must not be an employee or worker of the Nigerian Civil Service.
- Must possess a post-secondary education.
- Your business idea must propose a business that can be done within the shores of Nigeria and also the business must employ Nigerian citizens.
How to Apply for YouWiN Connect
- Visit http://apply.youwinconnect.org.ng.
- Enter your details.
- Click the “Register” button.
- You’ll receive an email message to confirm your registration.
- Log in and click the “New Business Application” link button on the right-hand side.
- Fill the form and submit.
- You can only submit your application once.
How to Access your YouWiN Connect Account
- To login to your YouWin page, simply visit https://apply.youwinconnect.org.ng/login/index.php
- Enter the email address and the password used for the registration.
- Click the click “Sign In”
YouWiN Connect Registration Eligibility Requirements
It is expected that applicants meet up with the below requirements before their application can be considered:
- You must be a citizen of Nigeria and not younger than 20, older than 45 years old
- Have a valid Identity Card (International passport/Drivers License/National ID or Voters card required).
- Have higher education attainment and qualification above secondary school
- The business idea to be proposed must be operated within the country and has intention to bring onboard suitable employees who are Nigerians.
- Proposed business idea or venture must have nothing to do with weaponry and ammunitions, alcoholic drinks, gambling, and Tobacco or any other illegal trade activities that are not supported by the Nigerian constitution
- You must carefully put together a tenable and presentable Business proposal
Note: On the basis of the geographical area as defined by the market you want to do business, there are 6 regional pools and you are expected to be a part of one award pool.