Judging by the way he played his role as Peter Parker in Spider-Man: Homecoming in 2016, we all know how good Tom Holland is.
He is definitely one of the best young actors in Hollywood today. Though many people know him for his first big hit on television, he has been a talent from such a very young age. This is evident in how he played his role in movies subsequent to his big hit.
Ever since his record breakthrough in 2016, he has continued to thrill fans and viewers alike with his funny, exciting, and excellent acting skills with major appearances in top movies up until 2021. Here in this article, we will discuss Tom Holland’s net worth, Early life, and movie career.
Tom was born to his parents, Nicola Elizabeth (photographer) and Dominic Holland (Comedian) who were his Mother and Father respectively. He has three other siblings, two of whom are twins (Harry and Sam) and Patrick.
Tom attended Donhead which was a Roman Catholic Primary school located in Wimbledon. He then proceeded to Wimbledon college which was also a Roman Catholic school until 2012. While in school, Tom noted he was a dancer but was regularly bullied because of it. Also at a tender age, he developed dyslexia which is a learning disorder giving him difficulties in reading.
Theses reasons made him switch to the BRIT School of performing arts and technology located in Croydon. This was where he first indulged in gymnastics while he featured in the Billy Elliott musical. He also attended a school of carpentry located in Wales.
Tom is a star in Hollywood and a few other actors have been able to enjoy this success he has enjoyed over such a short period of time. He was first discovered by Lynne Page in 2006 while he was attending dance classes at the Nifty Dance school which was situated in Wimbledon, London.
Tom performing as part of the dance group at the Richmond dance festival when they met. It was there he landed the role of Michael, Billy’s best friend in the movie Billy Elliott: The musical. As stated earlier in this article, he was learning gymnastics while he featured in the Billy Elliott musical. In 2011, his voice was used in a Japanese animation movie adapted to a British version.
Later in 2011, he won a major role to feature in the movie ‘The Impossible’ which achieve critical acclaim and was a major success commercially. This was the first time Tom started to emerge as a superstar actor. In 2015, he landed a role as Gregory in Wolf hall which was a mini TV show. Other movies he made appearances include: In the heart of the sea, How I live now, EDGE of winter, the current war, Onward and so on.
He landed his groundbreaking role in the 2016 Spider-Man: Homecoming where he played as Peter Parker. By the end of 2019, he had already appeared in four other Marvel movies namely Captain America: Civil War, Avengers: Infinity War, Spider-Man: Far from home, and Avengers Endgame.
Tom Holland’s net worth in 2021 stands around $6 million.
|Tom Holland’s net worth in 2021||$6 million|
|Tom Holland’s net worth in 2019||$4 million|
- 2012 Hollywood Film Award for Spotlight category
- 2012 St. Louis Film Critics Association award for Special Merit
- 2012 Phoenix Film Critics Society Awards for Best Youth Performance in a Lead or Supporting Role – Male
- 2012 Nevada Film Critics Society award for Best Youth Performance
- 2013 National Board of Review award for Breakthrough Performance – Male
- 2013 London Film Critics’ Circle Awards for Young British Performer of the Year
- 2013 Online Film & Television Association award for Best Youth Performance
- 2013 Empire Award for Best Male Newcomer
- Bag the Young Artist Award for Best Performance in a Feature Film – Leading Young Actor in 2013
- 2016 Golden Schmoes Award for Breakthrough Performance of the Year
- 2017 Saturn Awards for Best Performance by a Younger Actor
- 2017 British Academy Film Award for Rising Star Award
- 2017 Teen Choice Award for Choice Summer Movie Actor
- 2018 Saturn Awards for Best Performance by a Younger Actor
- 2019 Teen Choice Award for Choice Summer Movie Actor
Tom Holland’s net worth definitely experienced exponential rise since his Breakthrough appearance as Peter Parker in Spider-Man: Homecoming. He has so far added to his growing discography by playing different roles in other movies.