The PlayStation 5 release date is still a mystery, but one thing that’s not: the console’s spec and price. Sony has confirmed that it will be releasing its next-gen gaming machine in 2020. This means we’ll likely see more information about the PS5 this year or early next year. In the meantime, here are some of the specs for what we know so far:
It will have a 6 teraflop GPU with 7-nanometer process technology (with transistor gates only 14 nanometers wide)
The PS5 release date has been confirmed for 2020, but we know a lot about it already. Sony Interactive Entertainment president John Kodera said the PS5 will be “compelling enough to drive our business forward from this point.” We also know that PS4 and PS4 Pro games will not work on PS5 without some sort of update. Here are all the specs and prices!
The PS5 is a PS4 Pro on steroids. The PS5 will have an 8-core CPU and can display 4K resolution at 240fps. It also has the PS4’s GPU as well as a next-generation console exclusive graphics processor that Sony promises will make games “look beautiful.”
PS5 Specifications and Features
Development can finally catch up with play. Immerse yourself in vibrant, lifelike worlds and go deeper into the action with PS5’s 8x more powerful CPU than PS4Pro, 10.28 TFLOPS of GPU performance, 16GB of ultra-fast GDDR6 RAM, a 4K Blu-ray drive for your favorite games & movies—all powered by 128 GB SSD storage (plus one slot for an NVMe SSD), so you never run out of space while storing anything, anywhere on the device you want!
In addition to its intense VR capability that lets you explore virtual realities like never before using Wireless Virtual Reality and Cinematic Mode technology — experienced at home or on the road thanks to PlayStation TV support.
This is an incredible all-in-one gaming PC that’s great on three fronts: power, design, and affordability.
With 8x Zen 2 cores clocked at 3.5GHz for a total of 24 threads running in parallel plus a 6th Generation Ryzen CPU with 4 physical cores each at 3.4GHz, you get the best performance at this price point from both the GPU and the CPU compilers and their respective timing products so you can have blazing fast framerates or eye-popping detail in your game worlds regardless which device produces it.
The PS5 also gives gamers every last ounce of customizability they want without sacrificing any aspects of its affordability with its 16GB GDDR6 RAM with integrated graphics alongside flash memory SSDs.
1. The PS5 will be the first console to feature a built-in game streaming service
2. It features an 8K/HDR TV that is 4 times as detailed as current TVs
3. The new controller contains 3D audio technology and has been redesigned with touchpad controls
4. This new console will have 20% more power than the previous generation
5. It also comes with two PlayStation Move controllers, which allow for full-body tracking and motion control
6. There are no plans to bring back the DualShock controller from earlier generations of consoles
The first PS console to have a full-fledged SSD, which will let it start up and load games faster
3. Graphics hardware that is more powerful than the Xbox One X
4. Support for 8K TVs and 4K HDR gaming
5. A new controller with an updated button layout and haptic touchpad on its underside
6. New features like Share Play 2, Matching Online Friends, and Quick Menu options in the share menu
7. The PS console of the next generation is going to be even more powerful than what we have today.
8. With PSVR and PS Move, this new console will offer an immersive experience that will make you feel like you’re in the game world with your PlayStation VR headset on or using PS controllers for motion control gameplay. The PS has always been known for its best PS games and PS exclusive titles.
PS5 Price in Nigeria
- PS 5 Price on Konga: N650K
- PS 5 Price on Jumia: N510K
- PS 5 Price on Slot: N450K