CAPMI is the Credited Advance Payment for Metering Implementation is the scheme made available by Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) to make sure that an end comes to estimated billing and that all users have access to fair electric billing by way of handing out a prepaid meter to all customers throughout the country?
The agency as assured that customers need not worry anymore about estimated billing and that they can now get a prepaid meter within a space of 45 days. However, the meter is far from being free, although the agency has made a resounding assurance for customers that they would get a refund not in cash, but in electricity credit units which will be disbursed to customers and spread over a period of 3 years which is 36 months. Ibadan and Environs, follow the steps below to secure your own meter, we also attached all the cost depending on usage and requirements of customers.
- You will need to locate the nearest IBEDC to you and get a free form (IBEDC 74)
- Carefully fill in the meter application form (IBEDC 74) and append a valid means of ID
- Visit any of the designated banks to make payment for your own prepaid meter
- Once payment is made, attach a copy of your bank teller to your form (74) and proceed to the IBEDC Business Hub for registration to submit it.
- Keep your cool! Within 45 days your apartment will be metered.
TYPE OF METER
Single phase PPM Split Unit Type 5/60A 240V
3-phase PPM Split Unit Type 3 x 5/60A 415V
3-Phase Whole Current Electronic Credit Meter 415V
3-Phase CT-Operated Electronic Credit Meter
11KV 3-Phase CT/VT Electronic Meter
33KV 3-Phase CT/VT Electronic Meter