Table of Contents
Dayo Amusa is a well-received Nigerian Actress, Songstress, and movie director, producer and Entrepreneur. Her birth name is Temidayo Amusa, but fans and colleagues usually call her Dayo Amusa.
|Read on, on this page to find out more about her age, family education, career, Net worth, Phone number, twin sister, Child, songs, wedding, car, movies and other details.|
Biography & Wiki
She was born in Surulere area of Lagos, South-Western on the 20th of July 1984, She was born to the family of 5 and she is the first child being a daughter. The 35-year-old actress is not just productive in the entertainment industry, she also runs a couple of other businesses such as education business, TV hostess.
She has had a passion for acting right from the time she was young, and she has followed it through since then from her secondary school days when she joined a drama and group and played several roles as a junior-young actress.
She has since grown to be one of the most sought after Yoruba actresses today owing to reasons that she is beautiful, talented and creative, little wonders movie producers and directors find it interesting working with her most of the times.
|Profession||Acting, Singing, Entrepreneur|
|Age||35 years (2019), DOB: 20th July 1984|
|State of Origin||Lagos State|
|Net Worth||$1 Million (2019)|
|@dayoamusa (1.7 million followers)|
Dayo Amusa came from a Yoruba family, Her parents are Mrs. Abiola Amusa (mother) and Mr. Kolawole Rasheed Amusa (father). Her father- a Lagosian is an engineer but retired and her mother from Ogun State is also an Entrepreneur. It will also interest you to know that Dayo Amusa has a Twin Sister, they have been spotted to together on several occasions and events.
Coming now to her educational background, Dayo Amusa started her elementary education at Kenny-Tee Private School in Surulere, Lagos State where she had her First School Leaving Certificate, on completion she proceeded to After Mayflower School, Ikene but completed her secondary school education at Mamak Secondary School in Sagamu, Ogun State.
When the time was right, she got admitted to Moshood Abiola Polytechnic in Abeokuta, Ogun State, Nigeria where she studied Food Science Technology and earned a National Diploma (OND).
Dayo Amusa Wedding, Husband & Marriage Life
Dayo disclosed in one of her Interview session on Channels TV saying that
” Is it a must for everyone to get married? ‘Even the bible said he that finds a wife finds a good thing, it didn’t say all, a lot of people feel that once you attain a certain age, you have to be married, it takes two to tango.’
She further disclosed that, ‘I don’t see marriage as a supermarket which you want to jump into for window shopping and then when you feel the mall is boring, you come out of it, why go into it the first place?’
But She has a Child…
She has severed information about her daughter named Ayomikun Amusa and who the father is for a very long time and even till much much is still under the hood about her first relationship or marriage that produced the beautiful child she once captioned on her Instagram handle as beautiful and sweet 16.
There is no clear information given concerning her child. However, it is said that she posted her daughter for the first time on social media.
Her 17 years acting experience has produced several successful projects which count towards her covetable achievements today, she is one of the actresses that proved that no matter the weather, hardworking and unrelenting usually pay off.
Some of her projects include since 2002 till date includes: Ajegbodo, Oju Awo, Ekan Soso, Oogun Mii, Dewunmi Iberu, Inu, Idaa, Aroba, Unforgivable, Pathetic, Omoniyun, she’s not been starred on only Yoruba movies she has also played roles from major to minor in several English films in the industry.
Four years after she joined the movie industry she started filmmaking, producing her own Yoruba movies.
Just like I hinted earlier that the multi-talented actress is not just an actress, she also sings and makes music, She has released hit singles such as Aye Mii, Ayemi Remix ft Oritsefemi, Alejo, Blow My Mind, Mama’s Love, Omodaddy, her latest project being Mosorire.
She is the founder and proprietress of PayDab Schools with locations in Ibadan and Lagos.
Not long ago, this hardworking actress got herself a luxurious brand new ride and it almost broke the internet on social media and all over the place.
Dayo Amusa Net Worth
Dayo is one of the richest Yoruba actresses in Nigeria, she’s a big-time investor and much more she is unrelenting to succeed in her chosen career. Her Estimated Net Worth stands at $1 million in 2019.
Ayemi Remix ft Oritsefemi
Blow My Mind
Awards & Nominations
- In 2010 she earned Outstanding Performance at the Ambassador Club.
- In 2011 she earned Outstanding Achievers Awards.
- In 2013 she earned Award for Best Kiss in a Movie at the Best of Nollywood Awards.
- In 2013 she earned School of Art Achievers Awards of Honour.
- In 2013 she earned Merit Awards.
- In 2014 she earned Award for Best Indigenous Actress at the Nollywood Movies Awards.
- In 2014 she earned Best Crossover Act at the Yoruba Movie Academy Awards.
- In 2014 she earned Diamond Special Recognition Awards.
- In 2016 she earned Award of Excellence.
- In 2017 she earned Nollywood Female Face of the Year at the 2017 Pink Awards.
- In Amusa New Song (2019)
Dayo Amusa Facts recap
- Her name at birth is Temidayo Amusa
- She is an entrepreneur, actress and Singer
- Her Birthday is July 20, 1984
- She is 35 years old in 2019 and 36 years come July 2021
- She was born in Surulere in Lagos State
- She is a Proprietress of a Nursery/Primary School
- She has acted more than 100 Movies since she started acting
- She has had close to 17 years experience acting in Nollywood
- She is twins and has a twins sister
- She has a daughter named Ayomikun Amusa
- Information on her marriage is kept under the hood but she believes marriage should not be rushed into
- Her latest music release is Mosorire
- She exemplifies hardworking and passion pay off.
- Her Instagram page @dayoamusa has attracted more 1.7 million active fans
- Dayo Amusa phone number is 0908099000
- Dayo Amusa Whatsapp link is wa.me/234908099000
- She has had associated act with Fathia Balogun and other prolific actors and actresses in the Industry